Click here to download a printable donation form or click the button below to donate online:
To donate stocks/bonds/ETFs/mutual funds to the UMF, local church, or other organization aligned with the values of the Foundation (only $6.95 per trade):
- Download and print both PDF forms (see below)
- Call your broker and tell them what securities you want to donate to the UM Foundation (the broker will likely want you to complete their own “Transfer Authorization” form)
- Send to your broker the “Transfer Authorization” form identified in step #2 (tell the broker to memo the word “GIFT”)
- Complete and send to the Foundation office the “Gift Instructions” form (this clearly indicates your pass-through donation intent)
The following information is what your broker will need to transfer shares to the Foundation’s account (also on the Foundation’s “Transfer Authorization” form below):
TD Ameritrade, Inc., Attn. DTC Transfers
200 South 108th Avenue, Omaha, NE 68154-2631
For Further Credit to: United Methodist Foundation of the Northern Illinois Conference, Inc.
Tax ID #36-2317623 • DTC #0188 • Account #488-885-638 • Please memo the word “GIFT”
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older, rather than simply take your withdrawal this year, you can direct your IRA administrator to distribute a gift from your IRA to your local church, the Foundation, or other charitable organization. Any amount (up to $100,000) you transfer counts against your required minimum distribution (RMD). Making an IRA rollover gift is easier than ever; contact your IRA administrator.
You will pay no income taxes on the amount transferred. Note: Because you are not claiming the transferred amount as income, you will not receive an income tax deduction for your gift.
Your financial gift to the Foundation helps us multiply resources for ministry in many ways by …
- providing an exemplary, socially responsible investment program for 372 local churches and agencies
- administering 275 charitable gift annuities with market value of almost $4M, providing guaranteed, lifelong income for annuitants and a gift to the designated local church or charity after they have died.
- consulting with local churches to create endowment funds and policies and to promote planned giving opportunities for friends and members
- preaching throughout the annual conference about financial stewardship
- hosting multiple financial stewardship seminars and workshops to equip church leaders with best practices to encourage generosity
- providing resources for clergy in prudent management of personal and church finances
- offering grants funding for creative ministries at local churches and organizations
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations. Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible according to IRS guidelines.Thank you for your support!