Account Holder Forms:
New Client: If your church/organization is a new client of the Foundation, complete the Investment Management Agreement (IMA):
Current Client: If your church/organization is already a client of the Foundation (and has a signed IMA on file) and would like to open a new account, please complete both of the following two forms. If you would like to only update signature authorities or reallocate funds within an account, complete the relevant following form:
- Funds (Re)Allocation Form (New account? Leave “Account Number” blank but create an “Account Name.”)
- Authorized Signers Update Form
Distributions: To withdraw funds or create a spending policy and distribution plan, complete the following form:
Contributions: To invest additional funds to an account, mail to the Foundation office a check made payable to “United Methodist Foundation” and memo the account name(s) or #(s). Please accompany the check with a letter or email directing how the funds are to be in invested: account name(s), account #(s); specific allocation for that one-time addition, and other pertinent instructions. Without specific one-time allocation directions, additional investments will be invested according to the most recent allocation percentages on file.
If transferring funds by wire, please contact the Foundation office first to get detailed instructions.
Once completed, scan the forms to PDF and email them to the Foundation office, fax them (312-346-9730), or mail them.
See the top of the forms or the bottom of this website for contact information.
- The Importance of Policies, Procedures, and People (this PDF depicts relationships among diverse giving scenarios and church administrative process)
- Sample Spending Policy
- Planned Giving Handbook (1.48 MB)
- Specific sections of the Planned Giving Handbook can be edited for your purposes. Contact us to get relevant Word files for editing. Below are the most requested sections of the Planned Giving Handbook:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Role of Endowment Committee
- Steps to Establish Endowment Program
- Sample Charge Conference Resolution
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Planned Giving Guide
- One Liners for Newsletters and Bulletins
- Sample Newsletter Articles
These sample policies and documents are adapted from the community of United Methodist Foundations to help local churches create healthy stewardship practices and controls for investment accounts, such as endowments and “board restricted” funds.