Uplifting Young Methodists Scholarship
For many students, continuing education beyond high school is a challenging decision due to financial circumstances. The Midwest Methodist Foundation wants to empower students to continue their education by providing financial assistance.
This scholarship is designed to assist minority United Methodist students to attend a trade school, community college, college, or university.
United Methodist Dollars for Scholars Application
Attention college and seminary students! We have partnered with the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (UMHEF) to offer the United Methodist Dollars for Scholars program. This scholarship begins with $1,000 from your local church, which is matched by UMHEF as well as participating UM-related schools and the Midwest Methodist Foundation for a potential award of up to $4,000. Learn more about eligibility requirements, participating schools, and how to apply here. “Applications will open January 1, 2023, for scholarships to help fund the 2023-2024 academic year.”
Permanent Scholarship Funds with the Foundation
The Foundation is blessed and honored to carry on the legacy of Christian saints that have gone before us by managing donated funds for permanent scholarship purposes. The following highlights several such funds and the years in which they began with the Foundation:
- 1955, a fund to honor Rev. Dr. Aubrey S. Moore, “treasurer for the Foundation almost from the beginning”
- 1966, “Lon H.J. and Laura F. Smith Scholarship Fund,” “available to persons preparing for a full-time vocation directly related to the Church” with the priority of local church membership in the First UMC of McHenry, then the Elgin District, and then the Northern Illinois Conference
- 1971, “EUB Scholarship Fund” for “college and seminary students who were going into the ministry”
- 1976, “Ministerial Scholarships,” Lydia L. Massier (donor), “distributed to the Northern Illinois Conference Board of Ministry for ministerial scholarships”
- 1994, “Anna R. Fornega Fund,” “purpose of assisting worthy young men and women pursue a college education”
- 1996, “Preston & Maude Woods Memorial Fund,” to “provide scholarships for Methodist seminary students”
- 1998, “Anne Lois Turnham Fund,” “ministerial scholarship fund”
- 2010, “D. Lyman Hubbard, Ruby B. Hubbard, and D. Roland Hubbard Scholarship Fund,” “seminarians preparing for the Methodist Ministry”